Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blackwater Canyon

I've been going to Blackwater canyon since 1965. As a forestry major at WVU I spent the better part of 3 summers hiking in it looking for genetically superior trees. We would mark the superior trees and come back later and either shoot some branches out or climb the trees to collect the seeds. The seeds were planted in a nursery and studied for a lifetime. Now, I work near by at a ski resort in the winter time teaching skiing and snowboarding. I love the place!! Checkout photowalking.org for a photowalk at 6pm August 22 starting at the Lincoln memorial.

4 comments:

Michael Palmer said...

something about a hippy looking for genetically superior tree's - makes me smile

Unknown said...

wow, really nice photos.

Jesse Von Fange said...

Nice photos Bob!You've got to get up Old Rag soon, once this heat breaks.

Anonymous said...

Great aerial view!

I love Mike's comment...

Sounds like a cool job you got there!