Sunday, June 29, 2008

Got It Goin On!

Well finally after to much rain, my neighbors cattle wandering through, the ground hog that lives in our barn, deer and rabbits the garden is coming into it's own. These critters are lucky we're vegetarians!! This was taken with my 12-24mm lens which I'm really liking. Well we're all packed, I've gone over my camera equipment a thousand times and we're just waiting for my wife to work two 12 hour shifts and we're outta here. I've got a question for everyone whats your favorite photography book or books. I read alot of Scott Kelbys stuff and really like him. Has anyone read '' The moment it clicks''?

2 comments:

Julie M said...

I was in the bookstore last week with a copy of "The Moment it Clicks" and "Understanding Shutter Speed" by Bryan Peterson in my hand. I ended up with the latter because the store was wanting something like $20 more for the Joe McNally book in-store than they were asking on-line. (I don't get that!) McNally's writing is wonderful and the book is full of inspiration. He offers some practical advice too, but it leans more towards the inspiration. I think it would make a wonderful vacation read. Oh, and by the way, the "Understanding Shutter Speed" is a great, practical book - great for learning how to capture motion.

I love this photo, by the way. You live in a beautiful spot!

Michael Palmer said...

GREAT SHOT BOB - You must just crack a huge smile waking up to that every morning. I have read that book, and its great for inspiration!! not very technical but its a great chilling in Maine book. I also found the book The Photographers Guide to the Maine Coast - full of where to go to get the shot. I found my copy at the local book shop.