Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bass Harbor Lighthouse

We're heading out next Wed for two weeks on Mt. Desert Island. Acadia National Park makes up most of the island and it's a place of magnificent beauty. It's really West Virginia by the sea because the mountains come right down to the sea. We spent two weeks there last year and decided to go back. I'm armed with my new 12-24mm lens and plan on getting some of those great landscape shots. One of the places we're staying in has an internet connection so I should be able to post some of the time that I'm there.

4 comments:

Julie M said...

Oh my, that is one fabulous shot! I hope you'll have more of the same to share from this vacation...

Anonymous said...

I want to be at a place as beautiful as that...RIGHT NOW! Darn...you're getting all the fun while I'm stuck home. Ah...well if you must go enjoy some peace and beauty, get those shots you're after and share them!

Michael Palmer said...

Hey Bob - Acadia - I wish I was going with - I loved Maine - looking forward to seeing you shots - the 12-24 is a great lens!!! be safe!!

Anonymous said...

That is one amaaaazing photo and locale!

I hope you enjoy yourself - be sure to share with us while you're there!

I just got a Tokina 12-24 and I am itching to get to use it some more!