Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Butch Lee

Here's a blast from my past. Butch and I were hippies back in the late 60's as well as photographers. We shot many a roll of film at the peace demonstrations in DC. Butch and I would buy bulk film (100' rolls) and load our own cassettes. We did all our developing at the WVU darkroom. If memory serves me right I had a Nikon F100 and a Nikkormat camera and we'd shoot Tri-X iso 400 film. I've got about 3000 images from this era. It was a great and exciting time to be alive!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you've scanned/preserved all of those photos well! You should put them all on a website or something - i bet they would be so much fun too look through!

Banjo Bob said...

http://canyonrimphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3734480_NaHGo#200378136_YVoAW

You can see some on my smugmug site. I have scanned a good majority of them but not all.
Glad to see you all made it back safely from the OBX. You definitly made the right decision.

Anonymous said...

Man, is that ever a treasure trove! The peace movement would have shaped a lot of lives and I look at the faces and wonder what became of those young people. THANKS for sharing these. I hope you'll let us know as you process more...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I will have to take a look at the site!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just looked at all the photos in the link! I love every one of them!

How wonderful it is that you have all of these! It's funny how so many of then would be pertinent today!

Michael Palmer said...

You sent me this link when we met Bob, Its always a pleasure to look at what you captured during these times. You going to Gettysburg?

Banjo Bob said...

Yes to G-Burg how about you? I'm bringing my confederate musket in case we run into trouble.!

Unknown said...

Don't aim at the host if it rains!

Unknown said...

Photo is awesome. Looks like a movie set.