Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fly Like an Eagle

Hey I had to post these blasts from the past for you all to enjoy. These were probably taken 1960-62 while I was in boy scouts. As a young boy I wanted to be an indian then when I joined the boy scouts my dream came true. I fell into a group of boys that also wanted to be indians. We made everything you see here and in the next photo. We read books and studied indian clothing, customs and dances.
Here I am on the right doing the Hopi Snake Dance. I've got a feather and am trying to distract the blacksnake from biting my buddy. It was great fun and brings back great memories!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be the weekend to visit the "past." I've been going through old HS and College yearbooks. sigh.

However, I do think it is a good thing to cherish and preserve memories.

I think we are about the same age. Currently I am thinking in terms of what to 'preserve' for the grandchildren.

Unknown said...

That's great that you have these. Definitely something worth hanging on to.

Anonymous said...

Great photos and story, Bob. I'm enjoying your photo archives. Hope you have more to share...

Michael Palmer said...

Great Post Bob, I was at the American Indian Smithsonian on Sat with the kids, if you have not been, it is definitely worth the trip.

Anonymous said...

I love these photos from your past Bob. Keep sharing! :)

It's great that you scanned them all. I have almost all of my high school and college and some grammar school scanned.

I've been sharing them for the past month or so with all of my friends throughout my life of that site Facebook. Everyone is loving them and I'm so happy to be able to provide them with photos that they didn't have and probably want to save for their memories...

Anonymous said...

Wow... these bring back a lot of memories of being back in the Order Of The Arrow.

Thanks for sharing.