Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Canaan Valley

Some one turned the cloud machine on just as soon as I got there. This was taken on Canaan Mt. I found loads of cranberries and blueberries. The blueberries were a surprise since their season is usually around August. Here I am in a sea of cottongrass!
On one of my evening hikes I came across these ferns with some sort of insect hatch going on. It was quite lively.
I walked up on this little doe late one evening. She had an itch on her hind leg. All in all the weather was perfect the entire time I was there. I'll post more tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. Can't wait to see tommorrow's photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful taste of your Canaan Valley. That sky is incredible! I look forward to seeing more...

Michael Palmer said...

When do you think the leaves will peak Bob? I like the first shot as my fav for the day.

Banjo Bob said...

In some places the leaves are peaking now but the majority will peak next week.

Michael Palmer said...

How far from DC is Canaan?

Banjo Bob said...

I would guess 4-4.5 hrs. Go to mapquest and type in Davis, WV

Anonymous said...

WOW! I need to get to this place!

They are totally beautiful! I LOVE #1

The last shot made me smile! It reminded me of my dog when he has the same itch! :)